Sunday, March 19, 2006

JJ Redick and WolfPack

I can't believe it. It's like the sun rose from the west or something equally inanely improbable.

JJ Redick of Duke missed 5 of 7 free throws in last night's win against George Washington in the NCAA tourney. He missed 5 free throws!! Wow! I don't think he's ever in his life missed that many free throws in a single game. This coming from a guy who's been averaging in the 90% or more all his college life. In fact, prior to tonight, I could count on one hand the number of times I have seen him miss free throws in all the Duke games I did see. God listens to the (WolfPack) fans once in a while! Only it's been a little too late though!

Meanwhile, I sure hope the Wolfpack win against Texas tonight. Or at least go down fighting. It would totally screw up my picks for the NCAA'06 tourney challenge (on ESPN.com), but this will be one time I will be absolutely happy to lose! Sweet 16 - here we come!

Also, with the wife being around for the weekend, I doubt if she'll be terribly pleased with us just sitting around watching hoops all day and all evening. I admit, if you put it that way it does sound boring. But it might also have something to do with the sad fact that her school Tennessee was knocked out last night from the tournament. Still, in case I don't get to see the game hope someone's recording it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home