Thursday, April 20, 2006

I was wondering in the random world

I was wondering yet again, one click after another took me into the depths of the virtual world. I lost track of where I had begun, how I had started and why had I wondered away. I then found myself on the wiki of the true father of Pakistan. The guy who dreamt of a muslim state and passed the torch to Jinnah they say. He is no other than the man who gave us "Sare Jahan Se Achaa". I was in disbelief, having sung that song in my terrible voice all through my childhood in school assemblies; I now realized that this man was the one who never really believed in the true hindustan or did history corrupt yet another story of Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 AM , Blogger Sib said...

Such are the ironies of life...I didn't know this thing about "saare jahan se accha" - interesting...

Wonder why he changed his mind about "hindustan", if at all, to ask for a sperate Pakistan...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home